Tuesday, July 19, 2011

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS: PART 2

Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint
Ralph Fiennes, Alan Rickman, Michael Gambon


Cinema 4, Shang Cineplex



This is going to be quite a short review since I'm not a Harry Potter fan. I've never read any of the books. In the ten years that it took the movie adaptations of the books to come out, I've watched all of the films but purely for the visual effects. It was/is also a good showcase for some of the British film industry top thespians to amaze us with their brilliant acting skills. Great performances which hopefully will rub off on the three main leads of this film series. They sure have grown physically since we first saw them but their acting have sadly not improved a great deal.

Naturally it is imperative to refresh one's memory of the intriguing and complex storyline by re-watching part 1 of the Deathly Hallows. This I promptly did 2 days before viewing part 2. Although this last film was way better than the first part. I like how everything just folds up pretty nicely. Even for a non fan and non reader like me, this film was precisely what I'd expect a good conclusion to be. The special effects were top notch, the editing was seamless and the complex plot was precise and concise.

Of course it helps tremendously to have a sister who not only read all the books but is also really patient and kind enough to explain it to me whenever I kept hounding her with all sorts of questions. Questions which I asked her later as I didn't want to interrupt her during the actual viewing of the last chapter in the magical world of Harry Potter.

No comments: