Wednesday, February 1, 2006

THE ISLAND
Scarlett Johansson, Ewan McGregor, Djimou Hounson, Sean Bean, Steve Buschemi

"They don't want you to know who you are."


Action blockbuster

Everything you would expect from a Michael Bay movie. Car chases, explosives, wide angle shots of scenery, death defying stunts, very Hollywood blockbuster type! Never mind that the plot is highly implausible since it deals with cloning human beings and some scientific brouhaha about living forever. Stuff which doesn't really appeal to me at all since I'm more of a realist. But yeah sure it was entertaining enough for me. Ewan McGregor's Scottish accent is a hoot to listen to, Scarlett Johansson is blossoming into a voluptuous babe a far cry from her role in the Horse Whisperer huh? I do have to admit I've been a fan of Steve Buschemi since like forever. I don't recall exactly when. His wise cracking lines really make me chuckle. So don't really expect much 'after the movie discussion' from this film, just enjoy the action, you won't regret it.

No comments: