Saturday, June 14, 2008

SEX AND THE CITY

SEX AND THE CITY
Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon, Chris Noth, Jennifer Hudson


"Get Carried Away"


Cinema 11, SM Megamall




Yes the girls are back and they are still at it! You know the whole bitching and whining about their inconsequential lives complete with their materialistic and hedonistic lifestyle of designer labels galore. I must admit I wasn't really a big fan of the show. I mean sure I'd watch it from time to time but I won't really follow to the book the so called wisdom which Carrie Bradshaw dispensed through her articles on the show. Having said that, I thought I could breeze through this life without watching this movie. But somehow some voice inside my head told me I would miss out if I didn't go watch it. Miss out on what? I have no idea but eventually I finally made the time to go check it out.

Was it as good as the TV show?
I'd say it was a nice continuation of the show in concise form.

Was I disappointed by its length?
A bit. I felt the part after Carrie was jilted dragged on for hours.

What really ruined it for me?
The fact that Samantha broke up with Smith! That really floored me. But then you can't really have everything in life, can you? For Samantha she felt like she had lost her identity and her true self by being in a relationship with a much younger man. Oh well to each his own, I guess.

Was I distraught when Mr Big developed cold feet and left Carrie at the altar?
Well it was expected since obviously he showed signs of being an indecisive and weak person just a few days before the wedding. I understand his sentiments though. All he wanted was a small wedding but the guest list ballooned to 200 guests. Plus he just never seemed to be the marrying kind.

Was I glad that Miranda finally realized how Steve was such a good guy?
Oh yes I was. At least she swallowed her pride and busted her huge ego to reconcile with dear old Steve, my favorite character on the show. Despite him having such a short yet relevant part.

Was I still as indifferent towards Charlotte's cushy life?
You bet I was. I was never too keen on her character.

Finally was it worth turning the famous TV show into a full length movie?
I'd say sure it was. Finally we have closure vis a vis Carrie and Mr Big's romance. I also like the part where they get married in a very simple ceremony sans the huge guest list and the hideous designer wedding gown. Now that totally rocks!

No comments: