Sunday, October 26, 2014

CHEF (2014)

Jon Favreau, John Leguizamo
Sofia Vergara, Oliver Platt

"Starting from Scratch
Never Tasted So Good"


After all the heavy dramatic films, I wanted to amuse myself with some light fare. "Chef" fit perfectly as it didn't require much deciphering. The plot was simple yet entertaining, the cast was good and it centered around food - so it was just what I wanted.

Albeit all the cooking and the delicious food made me hungry I'm glad it also filled my mind - with a steady plot line which was realistically authentic. A feel good movie just like a comfort food which eases both our stomachs and our general attitude towards life.

Carl Casper (Jon Favreau) an accomplished chef loses his job after a restaurant critic lambasted his food. His career in ruins, he decides to  venture out on his own. He retrofits a van and turns it into a traveling food truck that offers good, tasty food on the go. With the help of a good friend and his young son, Carl's food truck business is a huge success.

We should all emulate Carl's never say die attitude and never give up. We should never lose hope despite facing many obstacles and upheavals along the journey. That if we set out minds and our hearts into pursuing our goals and our passion, we have no way to go but up. That trials and failures are just as much part of the journey and they tend to push us forward, making us stronger and more determined to achieve victory and success.

Wow did I just get all of those life lessons from "Chef"? Probably the light hearted mood made me more philosophical about life?  I don't know but it seems that way!

No comments: