Friday, January 13, 2006

THE FAMILY STONE
Sarah Jessica Parker, Dermot Mulroney, Diane Keaton, Craig T. Nelson, Rachel McAdams, Luke Wilson, Claire Danes

"Feel the love"

Edsa Shangri-la, Cinema 3

The Family StoneI guess there is nothing more stressful than going to meet your boyfriend's whole family for the holidays. Then it turns out they all hate you with a vengeance despite you trying your darnest best to impress them and fit in. As if that isn't bad enough, when your younger sister comes to visit, they all like her more than you. Geeez! Total Nightmare, I tell you! So I was more sympathetic towards Sarah Jessica Parker's character in this movie. She was a guest in their house and they treated her like crap. Oh man, whatsup with that?! Other than that, I cried my heart out throughout the movie. Something about knowing your mother won't make it through another year and that you are celebrating your last Christmas together is so heart wrenchingly sad! My tears just flowed like a river.
But it was a nice holiday movie with a good ensemble cast. I admit I really hated Rachel McAdams in this movie, she was so mean. But otherwise all of them contributed well to make it a pleasant little film. And all that snow wow I really miss winter so much. But most of all, I miss celebrating White Christmases!

No comments: