Saturday, March 25, 2006

CATCH 22
Alan Arkin, Jon Voight, Martin Sheen, Martin Balsam, Richard Benjamin, Arthur Garfunkel, Anthony Perkins, Orson Welles, Bob Newhart, Buck Henry, Jack Gilford


Yossarian

The phrase "Catch 22" now signifies a no win situation. It was taken from Joseph Heller's novel about a bunch of American fliers during the Second World War who are stationed in Italy. They go on bombing missions across Europe. A satire that condemns war as seen through the eyes of the men based in that military camp. It is a rather difficult movie to review with all of its powerful undertones of anti war and attacks on imperialism so I shall continue when I am in a better frame of mind. I figure I would have to watch it several times for me to truly comprehend the message behind the book/movie so it is a good thing that I bought the film and can do so any time I want.

No comments: